Thursday, March 1, 2012

Happy Birthday Dr. Suess: Oobleck experiment

Oobleck

 
My students love to get messy!

To celebrate Dr. Suess's Birthday we made Oobleck today in Science class. First, we read Bartholomew And The Oobleck. Then, we made Oobleck. Next, we wrote down all of the words we could think of that could describe Oobleck. I got this great idea from on of my favorite blogs: The Diary of a first grade teacher blog! Thanks Mrs. Buckly

Materials:
2 cups corn starch
1 1/2 cup water
4 drops of green food coloring

1 comment:

  1. Love Dr. Seuss - just found your blog - I'm new to blogging too. I just started in Feb. Congrats on being a first year teacher and blogger. Looks like you are having fun with your kiddos. I just posted pics from our Dr. seuss Day - come on over and visit sometime.
    Vicky
    Traditions Laughter and Happily Ever After

    ReplyDelete